The information below will be included in your rental agreement.
ABSOLUTELY NO DRIVERS UNDER 21 YEARS AGE
1) Collision Damage waiver is optional.
2) Collision Damage Waiver entails an additional charge;
3) The lessee may already be sufficiently covered and should examine the lessee’s personal insurance policy to determine whether it provides coverage for collision damage and the amount of deductible;
4) By entering into the rental agreement, the lessee may be liable for damage to the rental motor vehicle resulting from a collision.
The damage waiver does not apply to any damage to or loss of vehicle caused when the vehicle is used;
(1) to carry persons or property for hire;
(2) to push or tow anything;
(3) in a race or similar type contest, or for driver’s training;
(4) for any illegal purposes, or in the commission of a crime that could be charged as a felony;
(5) while the driver is under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
(6) outside the United States without the prior written consent of the Rental Company;
(7) to intentionally cause damage or damage the vehicle by willful, reckless or wanton misconduct;
(8) by anyone other than an authorized driver;
(9) if it was obtained by fraud or misrepresentation;
(10) on other than regularly maintained hard surface roadways, private driveways, or parking lots without the Rental Company’s prior written permission; or
(11) to carry persons in the bed or cargo area of the vehicle.
I/WE agree to be bounded by the terms and conditions of this rental agreement. Any vehicle returned 15 minutes or more after due date/time will be calculated at a one hour minimum.
A fee will be charged for cars brought back excessively dirty and a $290 minimum vacuum charge cars return with any sand or dirt.
COLLISION & MECHANICAL LIABILITY RESPONSIBILITY
By signing, renter agrees to pay the first $500 of any damage to the vehicle rented, and all revenue lost for the period of time which vehicle cannot be rented due to repair or waiting for parts. An agreed daily fee that has been paid brings the liability of renter from “full purchase price” of vehicle down to only the first $500 of any damage. PROVIDED vehicle is operated and used in conformity with this rental agreement.
• IMMEDIATE POLICE REPORT ESSENTIAL ON ALL DAMAGES.
• DRIVING ON UNPAVED ROADS PROHIBITED.
• CUSTOMER IS LIABLE FOR PARKING AND TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS.
• CARS NOT RETURNED ON DUE BACK DATE ARE REPORTED TO POLICE AS MISSING VEHICLES.
• RENTER MUST CONTACT CARS FOR LESS MAUI LLC BEFORE DUE BACK DATE AND TIME FOR EXTENSION.
• IF CAR IS NOT RETURNED ON DUE BACK DATE AND TIME AND THE NEXT RESERVATION OF CAR IS LOST, CUSTOMER IS LIABLE FOR ALL CHARGES OF LOST RESERVATION, UNLESS CUSTOMER CALLS AND PROCURES FOR EXTENSION 12 HRS PRIOR TO DUE BACK DATE AND TIME.
By signing the agreement, you agree to all the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and you acknowledge that you have been giving an opportunity to read it before being asked to sign. Your signature on this agreement allows us to process a separate credit/debit card voucher in your name for all amounts due us. You permit us to reserve against your card at the beginning of the rental a reasonable amount in addition to the estimated charges. You also authorize us to charge your credit/debit card after the rental concludes for any unpaid parking or other fines or penalties assessed against you, us or the Vehicle during this rental.
Absolutely NO SMOKING IN CAR
We are committed to providing a clean and safe car for all our customers. A $290 cleaning fee will be assessed for vehicles returned with evidence of smoking.
Customer agrees to maintain automobile insurance during the term of this rental agreement providing the owner, the renter, and any other person using or operating the rental vehicle with the following primary coverage:
A) Bodily injury and property damage liability coverage:
B) Personal injury protection, no-fault, or similar coverage where required:
C) Uninsured/underinsured coverage where required and
D) Comprehensive and collision damage coverage extending to the rental vehicle.
Customer’s insurance will provide at least the minimum limits of coverage required by the financial responsibility laws of the state where the loss occurs. Because the customer is providing automobile insurance, we are not. In states where the law requires us to provide insurance, we will provide excess insurance only. Up to the minimum limits required by the financial responsibility laws. The customer’s insurance will be primary. Any insurance we are required to provide applies to claims of bodily injury and property damage only. Our policy contains exclusions, conditions, and limitations applicable to anyone claiming coverage. Customer agrees to cooperate with our insurer if any claim is made. Our insurance applies only in the United States and Canada. Customer must obtain written permission, and purchase special liability insurance to use or operate rental vehicle in Mexico. Where permitted by law, customer rejects uninsured, underinsured, supplemental, personal injury protection, and no-fault coverage. Where we are required to provide such coverage, renter is afforded the minimum limits required by law. Any breach of this agreement will void any insurance coverage.